NOT "A Sober Living".
Hope, Generosity, Love, and Service, these are the values that fuel our lives. We not only try to surround ourselves with those who possess these wonderful gifts, but most importantly with those who will also edify and inspire these qualities in ourselves. We seek spiritual yet humble wisdom, practice the Golden Rule, and freely give what was so freely given to us. Just as iron sharpens iron, we are meant to encourage one another and build each other up. At “New Now” our goal is to create a Recovery Environment where love and service are paramount and community is key. With a support system of residents with long term sobriety, we strive to share our lives and resources with those residents newer to sobriety. For us, having a smaller home, translates into Living a Bigger Life. New Now Village is about building Community, sharing trades, teaching self sustainability, and Creating Space for Grace.
Help Us Create Space for Grace...
What We Seek
We seek spiritual yet humble wisdom, practice the Golden Rule, and freely give what was so freely given to us. Just as iron sharpens iron, we are meant to encourage one another and build each other up.
Living Smaller to have Bigger Lives?
Our first task was to hold our newfound idea up to the light, and by “light” we simply mean a list of certain criteria that we hold close to our hearts:
- Do we have sufficient experience, strength, and hope to guide us through?
- Are our treasures and hearts in the right place?
- Will this endeavor allow us to be good stewards of our gifts and help others?
- Is healing our focus?
- Will sharing be our culture?
- Is this going to be a safe and sacred place where Iron will sharpen Iron?
- Will prayer and meditation be supported?
- Will Spiritual Growth be encouraged?
All answers being “YES”, and feeling strongly purposed and called, we move forward daily, putting this vision out there.
Because our focus will be on living smaller in order to have Bigger lives and more time to give back, lodging will consist of smaller alternative dwellings, such as Certified Tiny Homes on Wheels, Small Cabins, and the like. 12 step meetings and workshops will be held onsite, as well as various job opportunities made available to our residents.
This means, that our income has to come as a byproduct of other things. Within the community at “New Now Village”, we will focus on the following efforts to generate revenue, therefore, affording us more time to love and serve. Here are a few proposed income streams:
- Seasonal Short-Term Rentals
- Long-Term rentals
- SoberDirectory.com (A paid listings site for all Recovery Related stores, events, clubs, conventions, retreats etc.)
- Tiny Home building classes
- Sales of Reclaimed lumber and repurposed building supplies
- Sales of upcycled furniture
- 12 Step meeting rentals
- Homesteading classes